Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Teaching at McCallie


I have been given the privilege to develop a Bagpipe Program at the McCallie Prep School in Chattanooga Tennessee. This is a fine institution of learning and I feel that the bagpipes will add to an already well established prestige that the school has developed in over a hundred years of teaching boys to be men. With the support of Dr Lewis Cisto, I look forward to the continued growth of the program and the positive effect it will have on the lives of my students. One amazing thing that the pipes offer is opportunity and community. Pipe bands are abundant, and I have found that they are generally filled with some great people. I myself learned how to play the pipes at Wasatch Academy and the effect on my life has been substantial. With the continued interest from the students and growth of the program, I look forward to this area becoming an epicenter of talented pipers and Celtic influence. Let the good times role. Happy piping.

No comments:

Post a Comment