Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Played at a Unique Funeral


Yesterday, I had the opportunity to play at a funeral service near Nashville where the ashes where scattered. This is the first time that I have played at this type of service in a long time and I found myself wondering why. The park where the funeral took place was beautiful with a large lake and a beautiful tree under which the service took place. I took up a position down the shoreline and played highland cathedral and Danny boy on the bagpipes before the service started. Then amazing grace when the ashed where being poured into the lake. It was a very moving scene.
Generally, these types of services are very simple and the bagpipes add so much. Once again, the opportunity to add such a moving and unique element to a service like this is always an honor for me. I hope to have the opportunity to play at more services like these.

No comments:

Post a Comment